Effective October 19,2018
The Customer and the General Incorporated Association FLIP Consortium (“FLIP
Consortium”) agree to enter into this FLIP ROSE ver.7 Series Support Service
Agreement (“this Agreement”) for the support service provided to the Customer
by the FLIP Consortium (“this Support Service”) in connection with FLIP
ROSE ver.7 Series Stand-Alone Version, LAN-Compatible Version and Academic
Discount Version (collectively, “the Product”).
1. (Support Service）
The FLIP Consortium will provide the following services for the Product
to the Customer who registers for this Support Service at the purchase
of the Product and the Customer who continues or reregisters in this Support
Service after expiration of the contract term of this Support Service Agreement
(“Support Contract Term”) by payment of the separately prescribed Support
Service Agreement Fee (“Support Service Fee”):
(1) Provide Question and Answer Service for the Product (“Answer Service”);
(2) Provide the right to participate in the seminars for usage of the Product
(3) Provide the updated programs of the Product including bug fixes, manuals
and related documentation thereof (“Updates”);
(4) Provide the upgraded programs of the Product including improvement to function and capability, manuals and related documentation thereof (“Upgrades”);
(5) Provide the website exclusively for the Customers who register in this
Support Service (“Support Member Website”); and
(6) Provide information and materials related to the Product.
2. (Registration of Contact Person and Q&A Person)
The Customer will register one person who receives information or notification
related to the Product or this Support Service from the FLIP Consortium
(”Contact Person”) and one person who uses the Answer Service (“Q&A
Person”) on the Purchase Application Form of the Product or by other means
(1) The Individual Customer will register the individual himself as both of the Contact Person and the Q&A Person;
(2) The Corporate or Organization Customer will register a person who belongs
to the Corporation or Organization as the Contact Person or the Q&A
Person. The Contact Person and the Q&A Person may be the same person;
(3) The Q&A Person shall register his e-mail address as the e-mail
address of the Q&A Person. The e-mail address which is shared by more
than one person cannot be registered as the e-mail address of the Q&A
(4) The Corporate or Organization Customer can change the Contact Person
or the Q&A Person by (i) submitting the web form for change of registration
from the Support Member Website, or (ii) notifying the FLIP Consortium
of the change of registration by e-mail or other means.
(1) The Support Contract Term shall be from every April 1 to March 31 of
the following year. The Support Contract Term will not be extended or changed
even if the Customer registers for this Support Service during the said
(2) The Customer who purchases the Product can register for this Support
Service from the delivery date of the Product or the date which is determined
through consultations between the Customer and the FLIP Consortium.
(3) The Customer who continues this Agreement can register for this Support
Service from the day following the end of the previous Support Contract
Term or the date which is determined through consultations between the
Customer and the FLIP Consortium.
(4) The Customer who reregisters in this Support Service after expiration
of the previous Support Contract Term can register for this Support Service
from the date when the procedures set forth in 6. (Reregistration in this
Support Service) have been completed or the date which is determined through
consultations between the Customer and the FLIP Consortium.
4. (Renewal and Continuation of this Agreement)
The renewal term of this Agreement (“Renewal Term”) ends at the end of
May of the year when the previous Support Contract Term has expired. If
the Customer wishes to renew and continue this Agreement following the
previous Support Contract Term, the following procedures should be completed
within the Renewal Term. The terms of reregistration will be applied to
the Customer who has not completed the following procedures within the
(1) The Customer who wishes to renew this Agreement shall send the intention
of renewal by return e-mail to the e-mail sent from the FLIP Consortium
prior to the expiration date of the previous Support Contract Term.
(2) After application for renewal of this Agreement in the manner set forth in the preceding paragraph, the Customer shall pay the Support Service Fee separately prescribed within the Renewal Term.
5. (Additional Support Service Agreement)
The Customer who purchases the LAN-Compatible Version of the Product can
make a maximum of two Support Service Agreements in addition to this Agreement
by payment of fees separately prescribed. One Contact Person and one Q&A
Person can be additionally registered per one additional Agreement.
6. (Reregistration in this Support Service)
(1) When the Customer wishes to reregister in this Support Service after
the Renewal Term set forth in 4. (Renewal and Continuation of this Agreement)
has expired, the Customer shall pay the Reregistration Fee in addition
to the Support Service Fee.
(2) The reregistration procedures will be completed at the time when the fees set forth in the preceding paragraph have been paid by the Customer after the FLIP Consortium receives the application for reregistration in this Support Service by the Customer through e-mail or other means.
The Support Service Fee, Reregistration Fee, other fees and matters concerning payment of the fees in connection with this Support Service shall be prescribed in the quotation or the invoice in the FLIP Consortium format and the General Terms and Conditions.
8. (Answer Service)
The FLIP Consortium will provide the Answer Service for the technical questions on usage of the Product by the Customer as follows;
(1) The Q&A Person can send the questions related to the Product to
the FLIP Consortium using the web form in the Support Member Website (“Q&A
Form”). The Q&A Person of the Corporation or Organization Customer
shall send the questions to the FLIP Consortium using the Q&A Form
after checking and summarizing the questions from other members of the
corporation or organization;
(2) The FLIP Consortium will try to answer the questions within fourteen
(14) business days to the registered e-mail address of the Q&A Person.
However, the time required for the answer may depend on the conditions;
(3) The questions related to only the latest version of the Product are
allowed in the Answer Service;
(4) The Customer can select the language for the Q&A Service from either English or Japanese at the time of purchase of the Product or registration in this Support Service;
(5) The person other than the Q&A Person cannot directly send the questions
to the FLIP Consortium;
(6) The questions related to general usage of the Product are allowed in the Answer Service. The questions specific to the Customer such as the validity of analysis model or suitability of analysis results are not accepted:
(7）The Customer shall provide all information necessary for the FLIP Consortium
to answer the questions (including the type and version of the Product,
OS and network environment and other information about the software other
than the Product which is used when the problem has occurred). The Customer
agrees that the range of answer from the FLIP Consortium may be limited
if the Customer does not provide the required information to the FLIP Consortium;
(8) The FLIP Consortium will answer the questions related to the problem
which is evident to have occurred due to the Product. The Customer shall
agree that the questions about the problem due to other company’s product
are not applicable to the Answer Service when the Customer uses the Product
with other company’s product;
(9) The FLIP Consortium does not warrant that the problem which has occurred in Customer’s use of the Product is solved by the Answer Service. The Customer shall agree that the problem may not be solved by the answer from the FLIP Consortium; and
(10) The Customer shall agree that the questions sent to the Answer Service
by the Customer may be posted on the “FAQ” on the FLIP Consortium homepage
or the FLIP Consortium Member Website as the frequently asked questions.
(1) The Customer has the right to participate in the seminars held by the
FLIP Consortium for free. Basically, one person can participate in the
seminar per one Support Service Agreement.
(2) The dates and contents of the seminars will be decided by the FLIP
(3) The seminars will be held in Japanese in Japan and the presentation and materials will be given all in Japanese.
10. (Updated and Upgraded Programs)
(1) The FLIP Consortium may from time to time provide the updated or upgraded programs of the Product to the Customer who registers in this Support Service.
(2) There may be a time lag in releasing the updated or upgraded programs
in the English version and the related manuals in English from the time
of release of the same updates or upgrades and manuals in the Japanese
(3) If a serious bug has been found in the Product, the FLIP Consortium
will notify this to the Customer and provide the bug-fix release as soon
as the bug has been fixed.
(4) If the license information given to the USB Protection Dongle Key (“Protection Key”) needs to be updated for the updated or upgraded programs, the Customer shall perform the procedures for update of the Protection Key instructed by the FLIP Consortium. The Customer agrees that the updated or upgraded programs are not available while the Customer has not performed the procedures instructed by the FLIP Consortium.
11. (Support Member Website)
(1) The FLIP Consortium will issue the log-in ID and password for the Support Member Website (“Log-in ID/PW”) when the Customer has registered for this Support Service.
(2) From the Support Member Website, the Customer can (i) download the
programs (including the updated or upgraded programs) of the Product, manuals
and related documentation, except for the Protection Key, (ii) send the
Q&A Form and (iii) obtain information on this Support Service.
(3) The Log-in ID/PW will be changed on June 1 (or the business day immediately
after June 1 if June 1 falls on the non-business day) every year.
(4) The FLIP Consortium will notify the Contact Person of the renewed Log-in ID/PW by the date prescribed in the preceding paragraph by e-mail when the Customer has renewed (continued) this Agreement by completing the procedures set forth in 4. (Renewal and Continuation of this Agreement).
(5) The FLIP Consortium will issue the new Log-in ID/PW to the Customer
who has reregistered in this Support Service by completing the procedures
set forth in 6. (Reregistration in this Support Service) as separately
prescribed in the Terms and Conditions.
(6) If the Customer has lost or misplaced the Log-in ID/PW during the Support
Contract Term, the FLIP Consortium will notify the Customer of the Log-in
ID/PW after receiving the request through the e-mail address of the Contact
Person or the Q&A Person registered in the FLIP Consortium.
12. (Cancellation before Expiration)
The Customer can cancel this Agreement at any time during the Support Contract
Term. The Customer agrees that the fees already paid by the Customer will
not be refunded if this Agreement is cancelled by the Customer or the FLIP
Consortium due to some reason before expiration of the Support Contract
13. (Termination of Agreement)
(1) This Agreement will be terminated upon expiration of the Support Contract
Term set forth in 3 (Term).
(2) The right of the Customer to receive this Support Service will lapse
regardless of the Support Contract Term upon termination of the End User
License Agreement (“EULA”) which is separately contracted between the Customer
and the FLIP Consortium.
14. (Limitations of Warranty and Liability)
(1) The Customer confirms and agrees that the FLIP Consortium will not
be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential
damages, including, but not limited to, monetary or mental damages such
as loss of profits, future business interruption and information destruction)
caused due to this Support Service or the use of information provided by
the FLIP Consortium whether or not the FLIP Consortium has been advised
of the possibility of such damages.
(2) The FLIP Consortium will not be liable for any troubles during transmission or transportation used for providing this Support Service (including incidents in connection with leakage of information or non-arrival of the information related to this Support Service caused by the company other than the FLIP Consortium).
(3) Any provision of the EULA of the Product will not be changed by this
(4) The FLIP Consortium may stop or terminate this Support Service without
prior notification to or prior permission by the Customer if the FLIP Consortium
cannot continue to provide this Support Service due to unavoidable circumstances.
15. (Force Majeure)
The FLIP Consortium will not be liable for any inability or delay in providing
this Support Service caused, direct or indirect, by natural disasters,
order or deterrent of any governmental authority, war, belligerency, labor
dispute, strike (regardless of involvement by an employee of the FLIP Consortium),
mechanical failures, fire, accident or any causes beyond the reasonable
control of the FLIP Consortium. In such event, the Customer will accept
the request for cancellation or suspension of this Agreement by the FLIP
The FLIP Consortium shall handle the Customer’s name, address, e-mail address,
telephone number and any personal information which can be used to identify
the Customer, with appropriate and reasonable care in accordance with the
17. (Standard Time)
The date and time used and effective between the Customer and the FLIP
Consortium in connection with this Agreement shall be Japan Standard Time.
(1) The FLIP Consortium may modify, add or delete any provisions of this
Agreement without any prior notice to the Customer or without any consent
of the Customer being required. If the Customer continues to use this Support
Service after any such modifications or revisions, the Customer shall be
deemed to have agreed-to and given its consent to such modifications or
(2) In the event of any revision or amendment to this Agreement, the FLIP
Consortium shall notify the Customer by posting the revisions to this Support
Service Agreement on the FLIP Consortium website (http://www.flip.or.jp).